Sunday, November 4, 2012

"I'm leaving on a jet plane...."

And my ex (first husband) is taking me to the airport. Got my ticket and that's all I need. Gotta figure out what to bring as the temps vary from 50 - 80 degrees this time of year.  And their cold is colder and their heat is hotter.  On the plus side....Southwest airlines allows two checked bags, 1 carry on and like your purse or whatever will fit under the seat in front of you and it's all NO CHARGE!  Apparently most of the other airlines now charge for each and every bag as well as $4 here and $12 there for basics.  I am so excited!!!  Well except when I feel a little nervous about it.  Will be there for my daughter-in-laws favorite holiday - Thangsgiving.  And will also be there when Gaby ?? who won the Olympic um...like gymnast thing will be speaking at their church.

Maggie is growing by leaps and bounds.  She is getting better about biting and also listening.  She still loves to chew though.  Hope she is done teething soon.  And perhaps getting spayed the end of the month or early Dec. will calm her down a bit.  I know when I was spayed,...it didn't calm me down.  Er,...well..not spayed but.....

I am also going to try to do things a bit different here.  I am going to try to write only the good things Hunter does.  Yes, it will be difficult as I am going to have to also exclude the things good that he does that any normal person SHOULD/WOULD do.  I don't know how this will work because I seem to be a complainer and I am also one for writing when I am angry, depressed or feeling negative.  It is the same with poetry.  Mine is always sad.  I tried to write a "happy"  poem twice and they were both stupid -  I think because they weren't genuine feelings.

Anyway...it is a bit chilly out here  - my fingers are numb - and I have housework I want to do.  Peace and Love.

9 comments:

Outcast said...

I like this idea about Hunter. I don't mind helping you when he does bad things but I think it's important to not just concentrate on that because I'm sure he does have a lot of positives. I love that you're away on a holiday to enjoy yourself Middle Child, here's hoping it goes fantastic.

Dazee Dreamer said...

Have fun on your trip. bwwaaa-haaa-haaa when you got spayed. loved it.

Red Shoes said...

I'm so glad you are getting to go!!!

:o)

~shoes~

lotta joy said...

Maybe he'll do something memorable for you while you're away - like miss you for you and not for what you do. Well, here's hoping.

The Bipolar Diva said...

you're going to have a blast! Enjoy!

Everyday Morning said...

Thank you for the comment. My husband too passed away after a heart transplant.


Have fun on your trip!

A Plain Observer said...

Strong emotions bring out the best of writing, i think. If your best writing comes when you are angry or depressed, nothing wrong with that. Express what you need to express in the best way you know, writing

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((hugs)))Pat

bj said...

What a great and happy post. It makes my heart feel good that you are in such a good mood.
Yay that you are going on this trip. It should be sooo good for you. I hope you have a really great time and can't wait to hear all about it when you get home. You will be there a month? Do you have a laptop or use of a computer while you are there? Hope we get to hear from you while you are gone.....
Take care, have fun and be happy.
xoxo bj

Hikari