Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I will roll the stones away.

Had a pretty good day again yesterday.  And today seems to be the same.  Weird but good.  I almost don't know what to do with these good days.  It has been a long time coming.

Cain's team won last night.  YAY!  We will go to Meadow's game tonight.  She's growing up too fast.  It seems like daughter Dawn is doing ok with her husband being gone for a long time with work.  I thought she'd fall apart as she kept saying she would.  She does think she's a failure because she hasn't been making dinners.  At least the kids are able to feed themselves and there's always plenty of food in the house.  I no longer worry about and try to fix the situations.  It is a relief for me to have let this go.  (Therapy.)  I am still her mother but I no longer have to mother her.  All I have to do is listen and love.
 
Speaking of kids......my son and his family are still working on the details of how to come home here for a long visit.  Our house is beautiful on the outside but a hell-hole on the inside.  They can't stay here.  I am speaking the truth.  But if they bring both their dogs....we can keep them here.  Hell-holes are great for dogs.  If they come soon enough, DIL Jennifer will help me with my sale.  She is so awesome that way.  I will give her half the money.  She knows how to price and sell.  She and I both know how to display things.  Now all I have to do is gather the stuff.  I will price as I box it.  We will be in Wisc. overnight for a grad. party.  After that it will be garage sale prep 24/7.  Hunter usually says stuff to me before I even get to the bathroom in the morning.  This morning he asked, "So what are we doing for the garage sale today? . This is a good thing.  He said he would help set up tables and stuff but that he wouldn't be doing much else.  I had previously asked him to help with the sale.  He seemed to be making "noises" about this and at one point I finally told him that he spends so much time doing things for other's that he can surely spare a day for me.  No real responses from him but I can tell that he ponders this things and realizes that what I am saying is true.  I have seen that once I say something...if I don't pursue it,....don't continue to press the issue, it gives him time to think and he usually comes around to my view point.


So I have a plan and I am working my plan.  And.....it's working.  It helps when Hunter is in a good-or should I say calm-mood.  I forget that he is so pissed about his health and that it even scares him sometimes.  I am not excusing the things he says and does at times.  I also am working on not letting his moods dictate mine.

Obviously I am clueless when it comes to inserting picture here.  Well.....I am clueless about anything computer.  But at least I got the two grand kids from the same family!  1st is son's daughter Cami and the 2nd picture is of son's son Josh.  He is holding Tebow, their new puppy who is growing at a rapid pace.

Here's hoping for a good day for everyone!

5 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Hunter sounds something like my husband. Last night he said I was smirking at him, and I was like WHAT? I just try to ignore those times.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

THOSE ARE...some cute kids! :0)
I want to hug them and kiss that puppy.
Hope things go for you as you plan . Easy does it. (((hugs)))Pat

grins said...

It's hard not being pissed about your health. The calcium deposits in my legs make me scream like a girl, and I can't walk far or stay on my feet long. Unfortunately us guys bitch and moan for ever.

klahanie said...

The main thing is that you've shared a positive ending to this posting.
And when it comes to computers, just switching the damned thing on makes me nervous.
Keep focusing on positive possibilities :)

Sandra said...

The grand kids are gorgeous...and that little dog...want one!
Sounds like you are going to be busy for awhile with getting your house ready for the sale.
Take care!

Hikari