Tuesday, January 17, 2012

You guys are always right!

I had some anxiety the other day and couldn't figure out why.  Once I called my daughter-but actually got my son-in-law,..I talked briefly to him and realized it was this trip  money for Cain that was bothering me and once I told them I couldn't help, it was like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders.  I am not responsible.  As much as I love him it is his parents responsibility to take care of this if they can even afford it.  You don't always get what you want.  I am not a cold-hearted person.  You all know that.  They already owe us $20,000.00 and that isn't chump change not are we rich that it is a drop in the bucket.  And then to see how they still haven't learned to budget.  So on to the next thing.  It is snowing and had thawed a bit prior and temps. will be dropping.  I need to go run errands and hopefully will get them done before it's gets too icey and slippery.  I have lived here long enough that driving in this doesn't phase me.  But you never know what other drivers will do.  I am fielding calls for Hunter about Florida rentals and he is in Texas hunting....well, I am not sure, other than hogs.  Probably anything that moves.  Glad he is enjoying his life while he can.  Gotta go but will make time to check on some blogs later.  Kisses!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did the right thing!

Sairs said...

Wow, that is a lot of money to owe! I couldn't even imagine lending that amount out. I think you did the right thing too of not lending more. Good for you in saying no, because that can be hard!
*hugs*
Sarah

Red Shoes said...

Sometimes, you just have to draw the line... I think you did the right thing as well...

~shoes~

Ms. A said...

I commend you! Now, take a deep breath in, exhale and let it go. Life will go on, no need for adding extra pressure on yourself.

Ms. A said...

PS: Have they considered doing some fund raising, or finding a sponsor?

Unknown said...

Good for you. They have to learn sometime

Coffeypot said...

Yep! You did good. I would also start sending them bills in the mail for $20,000 as a reminder. Or take them off the Will and put my name on there instead. Thats Coffey with a 'Y'. Thank you. You are sooooo sweet.

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

You, (and the Stones), are so right. You can't always get what you want, but you gave them what they need.

Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing day. Glad that the weight was lifted from your shoulders. That is always such a good feeling!

Just Be Real said...

Glad you took a stand. You do fine. Blessings.

On My Soapbox said...

Good for you! Saying "NO" is difficult sometimes, isn't it? It's even more difficult when guilt (from either party) is involved. Sounds like your kid & family need to differentiate between needs and wants.

toko pakaian muslim said...

Excellent brief and this article helped me alot. Say thank you I looking for your information Thanks

Hikari