Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Our black dog daughter

Took Belle (black lab) to vet yesterday because she had thrown up.  I think The Hunter's concern was bcause he had given her a bone and she ate and swallowed into shards.  She threw that up at the time but he was concernd about puntured bowels or something (because I had menioned it.)  He finally decided we shouldn't give her bones, which I had been telling him for years.  At any rate, the vet decided to give her xray.  Turns out she has a mass in her liver and will go for an ultrasound today.  Pray it isn't cancer though I have a feeling that it is.  The Hunter had been soooo crabby since that appt.  It will devastate him if she has to be put down.  I love all animals-notice..I don't hunt-but have been though so much death that while it will hurt my heart as she is the sweetest thing,...I will be OK even though I will have to spend awhile crying.  The Hunter's feelings will come as anger or acting out.  And I will unreasonably be on the recieving end of this.
Just pray that Belle will be ok.  Thanks.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Best of luck....

Sairs said...

I am praying that your furry little friend is okay. I am thinking of you too in this tough time. Be gentle with yourself!
*hugs*
Sarah

Ms. A said...

Oh, no! Wishing the best for all concerned.

Thoughts and prayers.

Coffeypot said...

I know! I had to put my BCFF (Best Cat Friend Forever) down due to kidney cancer. It was had to look at that face for the last time. He was my buddy. And I don't even like cats unless they are bar-b-q'ed. Hope you have a better outcome.

Dazee Dreamer said...

That sweet dog is in my thoughts and prayers

Wanda's Wings said...

Of course I say a little prayer for your sweet little dog.

Anonymous said...

I will add Belle to my prayers tonight. How old is she??

Am I Really Grown Up? said...

It is always hard when your furry family is ill. Thinking good thoughts for you.

raydenzel1 said...

I am a black lab lover also. all the best.

Bed and Breakfast Brugge said...

Nice Posting for Black Dog . Lovely idea and best of luck

Hikari