Saturday, July 16, 2011

And he cries.

This is terrible!  I have had to deal with alot of deaths so why is this so hard?  The Hunter has trouble sleeping and cries a bit here and there.  I hate to see him is so much pain.  And there is nothing I can do for him but share his pain. A few time he talks aloud, "What did I do to you? Did I cause this?"  I remind him that he did nothing but give her a wonderful life.  We cancelled the trip to his friends farm because the vet said it would be too wearing on Belle.  I also changed my plans to go see my son in Vegas.  Right now, the ball is in my daughter's court.  My son, his wife and I have offered to fly the 3 grandkids to Vegas.  She has to talk to her husband and will let me know.  Then she talks about how she and I should go to Vegas in a few months, but to stay in a hotel and go to the shows and play the slots, etc.  I get this, I really do but.....she doesn't really have any contact with him and seems so selfish. Example?  When my son-her only sibling-had brain surgery, she got together enough money -with my help- to stay in a motel with her kids and they went swimming and out to eat, etc.  She treated it as a vacation, and even said as much.  I mean, she talked much more about the "vacation" part than her brothers life-threatening surgery.  On the other hand, she cries and keeps telling me to take care of The Hunter because she knows how badly this will hurt him, to lose his dog.  I guess I am not explaining this very well.  All I can say is, I am really taken aback at how hard this is.

8 comments:

Ms. A said...

Our pets are the keepers of our hearts. They never judge us, they only love and accept us, just the way we are. It's hard to think about losing such a vital part of our heart.

Anonymous said...

Dogs are so important. I can't imagine what it would be like without Max. I feel for your Hunter and you.

Kristy said...

My dogs are my life. Losing my girls- (dogs) last year was so horrible for us. Pets, for the most part don't have faults and love you uncondionally. My eldery dog has cushings and doesn't have much time to live either and I understand adjusting your schedule for belle. Take it easy and tell Hunter to just enjoy the little time they have together. Cry those tears and get out the picture books and have a good laugh recalling memories of Belle.

Just Be Real said...

When one of my birds suffers, it hurts as well.

Dazee Dreamer said...

yes pets are part of the family and really hard to lose. Hang in there.

Coffeypot said...

I do know how pets can become close to our heart and how losing one can hurt. But the Hunter needs to grow a pair and man up. And you should tell the daughter to shut the fuck up and pay the money back for the 'vacation', since she abused the whole reason for going. Then grab a beer and blog about it.

The Reckmonster said...

The only time in my life that I EVER saw my dad cry (to this day) was when I had to put my beloved beagle Alex down...he was totally a part of my family and was considered "the grand dog" to my parents. My dad went with me and my (ex) husband to the vet - and after, my dad and I had to go outside to bawl while (ex)hubby took care of the business inside the vet's office. I understand how the loss of a furry-child can turn a grown man into a hot crying mess. We all have to grieve our losses, even manly MEN!

As for your daughter...hmph. You've been more than generous...I think you ought to let some things take care of themselves without your help. You focus on YOU, mama...stop taking care of everyone else.

Bluebird49 said...

I found you through Wanda's Blog..but just reading this, it seems to me that your daughter is not being anymore selfish than you are portraying her as being. It seems she is being VERY selfish and self-centered. If my brother had been having life-threatening surgery-I can't imagine thinking of "vacationing" while all that was going on. People really never surprise me anymore--I'm 61 --I used tothink there was more goodness in people than not--but I've come to see things are usually the opposite.

Hope I didn't offend you by just giving you my opinion. I truly hope things will get better with your dog!

Hikari