Friday, January 14, 2011

I Do What's Beyond My Strenght And Ability

Guess it's still too early to start complaining again so,..I'll just tell you what I've been doing. Scrubbed the tub forever. No, it wasn't filthy but we have hard water so, there's that. It's a fiberglass tub and yeah, I should clean it more often. "Someone commented that they could still see a ring around the tub. " Hmmmm - OK.
I had moved everything from around the 2 windows in the computer room awhile ago, as directed to allow access to the windows that were going to be replaced. (The windows all had to go back because they were measured wrong.) Yesterday, I had to move everything back (including the door and a chair) because some wood or something had to go up against that wall. *have I mentioned I have tendinitis and my other arm (upper) still hurts from when I fell into the refrigerator on Christmas Eve?* A load arrives. Now can I just say,...this wood is going up very steep, not deep enough stairs cuz my house is over 100 yrs. old. I soon found myself helping to carry (one at a time ) four 4'x8' sheets of cedar closet liner up these very same stairs. Whew! Oh, but then there was also two 4'x8' sheet of plywood, not MFD but plywood. Helped carry two up the scary stairs and two into the main floor music room. Everything aches. Enough said. Gotta go out and get cigs and pay the comcast bill. May sneak over to the thrift store. Who knows, I just might be able to find some muscles for sale. Peace.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

If you find muscles for sale, please let me know. Mine all went away after about the age of 35!

Coffeypot said...

I like your work etic. Wanna come over? There's some thing that need to be done around here and I can't talk Judy into doing them. So much for being King of my Kinddom.

Oilfield Trash said...

Let me know if you run across 2 knees for sale while you are looking.

And I loathe cleaning the damn tub.

Melissa Miller said...

Ouch! I'm so sorry you fell on the fridge. I hope you are better soon.

I would help you organize sweet friend. I would if I could. I just love it! I know I'm weird. LOL!

Happy weekend. ~Melissa :)

Blogs said...

you crack me up! we have gross water too and it makes our clothes stink right after washing them...ick....returned the era a dozen times replacing with gain and still doesn't work....blaaa....i'm sorry your arm is in pain...holy freaking shit! lend me a cig would ya:)

Anonymous said...

This is going to sound super corny but after all I do manage a housekeeping department... so... have you ever heard of Magic Sponge? Seriously they really are Magic!! They'll take that ring right off without all the elbow grease and muscle!!

Shen said...

Hope you take something for the ache, get some rest and pat yourself on the back for getting so much accomplished.

Olive said...

If you find a way to get rid of the ring on the fiberglass tub pleasssse tell me cause I have tried. Well, I don't use yucky smellly cleaning stuff but I do try. I miss heavy duty porcelin tubs. Our old house (roof leak) beat us up this week also. We skipped out on it however for a long weekend at the yellow house. Be careful on your stairs...k.

Full-On-Forward said...

OMG! I'm tired and sore and going to bed now!

Thanks for the pain! LOL. Don't you hate it when things are measured wrong???

Does hard water hurt when it hits you--if so I'm adding that to my house hunting tips!! Check the water softness! :-)

John

Diann said...

I have been checking Craigslist for muscles for sale. so far no luck! But, if I find any, I'll let ya know! :)

raydenzel1 said...

I have never heard of anyone falling into a refrigerator! You would be a fun date!

Hikari