Saturday, September 25, 2010

And the walls came crumbling down,...

So I took my little steamer out of the box - having purchased it a few years ago. I took it up here and proceeded to use it to remove wallpaper, like 100 year old wallpaper. Remember when they used to paper the ceilings too? (Yes, that's right, I'm 120 years old.) I'm thinking wow, this works great! And as the paper comes off, the plaster crumbles right along with it! There had been paneling on top of that. My 2nd husband said he only paneled where he had to. Limited income and Yankee ingenuity. After about an hour, my husband comes up and asks me if I him to get the sprayer filled with vinegar and water. Instead of my usual, no, I'm fine, thinking that I'm being criticized again, I said ok. Well hells-bells! That worked like the speed of light! But he says we're done trying to take the wallpaper off. It's ridiculous.

I'm tired. He went to the Taxidermist to see about getting the money he loaned him back. (He did this with out my consent as I am just chattel.) The money was due about a year ago. $25,000.00 is nothing to sneeze at, not that it will be used to buy me enough cigs.

You know what? If I quit smoking and also got a divorce,.....what would I have to complain about? I'm sorry but as this is my "diary" this is where I put this stuff so I can rid my mind of it and be the calm, collected foo,...um, person that I am. Chuck goes to the taxidermist like other retired guys go to the donut shop. You know, a place to bullshit with other guys who do the same. I asked him to get me some hot dogs & fries on his way home. Yay! He said he would.

It's only 3pm but I think my day is done. What I'd planned to do today can wait. Gonna read some blogs. I am behind but that's ok. Peace.

6 comments:

Joe Cap said...

Are you sure it is 3 PM??? Not AM? Just saying...
Instead of getting the money back from the taxidermist, maybe you can work out a deal to get some dead squirrels stuffed...
Just tossing some ideas out there for ya, because I am such a GIVER.

Jimmy said...

Wallpaper and plaster coming down too--sounds like some of my little jobs around the house.

Joe just may have a good idea there, stuff the stuffed squirels in the holes from the missing plaster and no one will be the wiser--Just saying.

Blogs said...

taking wallpaper off sucks...glad that worked though....i remember those days...next time we buy a house we need it to be fully finished:) glad you got some guilty pleasure food...ummm!yum!

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

When we bought our house, one room had had wallpaper in it, but the previous owner had taken it down. All she did was strip the paper off the wall, though. She left the glue on the wall for us to take off! It took a lot of elbow grease and lots of TSP to get it off.

I feel for you.

Coffeypot said...

Giving up smoking would be like getting a pay raise. The money you will save can pay for the lawyer when you get your divorce.

Linda Medrano said...

We have lathe and plaster walls too in our 130 year old house. Trying to get the wallpaper off these old walls I think would require a pro.

I cannot believe your husband loaned somebody $25k and you weren't consulted. Damn fool! You could always go and ask the taxidermist if he's ever had a $25,000 bj. Give him one. Take the money. Get a divorce lawyer.

Hikari