Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Little Blue Pill.

Ha - Ha! Since I am already mad, I am laughing that the urologist said the man couldn't get the little blue pill cuz of his heart. He doesn't have one. Ha! No, actually, it's because of his heart meds. See, we apparently have an appt. to redo the mortgage AGAIN. I told him , "Shouldn't we talk about this?" He just got angry. He plans to remortgage and get land in Iowa. Really?

But I was talking to a friend yesterday and she said something about her step-daughter always being so negative,...and I could see myself in that statement. I am not one to put my head in the sand but as there is nothing I can do,....I will continue to be happy. I know that if I should live longer than he does (remember, I have already lost a spouse so I know how things go) then I know that God will take care of me. I also have investments and,....
You know what? It just doesn't matter. I accept that he is old and there is no way I will be able to get him to talk to me on an adult level about anything concerning "us". I put that in quotes because mostly his vocabulary is I, me, mine. There is no our or we or us. Well, he does use those words but he uses them to describe something about himself and a buddy.

Like I said, I will listen to his heartfelt stories about people he barely knows but cares deeply about and not ask questions as he get irritated and confused. He can think, do or say what he wants. I will be happy. Cool, huh?!

By the way, am I the only one who watches Saving Grace? It is tied for first place with House, in my book. I just watched the last two episodes and if I understood correctly, that wasn't just the season finally but the series finally? I cried. Say it isn't so!!!!! Peace and Blessings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Problem is, if something happens and HE has mortgaged YOUR house, you're responsible for paying for it. Don't just stick your head in the sand and say "yes dear" to everything! I know it's easier, trust me, I know. But it's only easier in the short term, not the long run.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I haven't seen Saving Grace but I've heard about it. It sounds interesting.

Ms. A said...

Have to say I agree with anonymous. How is it that you have no say with your house? I may find myself tongue tied trying to post, but rarely in my real life. You have to matter, to YOU! Don't be a doormat, that's just asking to be stepped on.

Linda Medrano said...

I was married to a guy like that. He came home and threw out my birth control pills because he had a vasectomy without mentioning to me ahead of time. When our refrig went out, he came home with a new one. No discussion with me, of course. (Now who the hell uses the damned thing, him?) Ugh!

Hikari