Thursday, October 21, 2010

I just need to suck it up.

So,...I made my reservations for Vegas. Big deal, right? Yeah, for me it is! It's like being dropped off in the middle of the ocean and having to swim my way back to land. It's like being placed in a bull fighter's ring with a crazy, really mad bull. But I do have a call in to my doctor so he can adjust my meds as I discovered that bringing an anesthesiologist with me to keep me hooked to an IV and pushing that wonder drug Dulauded would be too expensive. Round trip for $255 inc. taxes. Am allowed to check 2 bags free plus a carry-on. Yippee but did I mention it was a 4 hour flight there? That's 240 minutes! Sure I will bring a book to read as suggested by my son but if I can't read in a car without getting sick, how will I be able to do this on a plane? At least my grandkids will be off school 5 days in a row. Cool. And the temps. are perfect right now. But did I mention I have to get on a plane? And I have to be on said plane for 4 hours?!? And,...I know they won't let me open my window nor will they allow me to ride up front with the pilot and co-pilot. Totally unfair. Plus, don't most pilots fly drunk? I am going because my daughter-in-law is having surgery and since my pretty-much blind son can't drive, I will be there to help her after surgery and also to drive them anywhere they want to go. No. I will not be gambling. I am already gambling by flying. BTW - I am not afraid of getting motion sick. Dramamine works well for me. I am not afraid of crashing or being hijacked. Those things are in God's hands. It's just that I get this weird anxiety thing. No reason. Not even claustrophobia! I know this is boring and stupid but I just wanted you all to know I am going. Will leave Sunday and be back Nov. 2nd.

JUST PLAIN TIRED - Even though you are from Wi. I will continue to read your blog. Ha-Ha!

JOE CAP - My life is actually quite boring.

CHRONIC - I either found your blog through a comment on someone else's blog or in scanning the names of someone else's blog and finding your blog title which pretty much applies to my life too.

10 comments:

Jimmy said...

Yep four hours is a good bit of time to be flying, my only suggestion is to get a window seat and enjoy the view, there are many things to see out the window if only the wonder of looking down to see the beauty of the clouds rather than up.

By now they have removed all the handles so you can no longer roll the window down but it's all good anyways :)

Momma Fargo said...

Woo hoo! Vegas! Have a great time! Sounds like a great getaway.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I feel for you. But you do get to see the grandkids. So that should hopefully make it worth it. I once flew from San Diego to London. It was like a 10 hour flight. Seemed like 5 days. But I got to watch a lot of movies. I love your sense of humor in your writing. Great post. And thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving me a comment on my tablescape. I appreciate it.

Unknown said...

Four hours is long, I vote for the aisle seat... Look for the positive... it's VEGAS!

Unknown said...

4 hours is usually too long for a book for me...bring something else too just in case, and don't forget music.

Window seats rock.

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

I can't believe they won't let you sit up by the pilot and copilot! Those cruel jerks!!

Bossy Betty said...

I hear the pilots don't start off drunk....does that make you feel better?

Hope you have a great time!

Just Plain Tired said...

I'm glad to hear my being from WI won't stop you from reading my blog. -- lol

I haven't flown in years. I used to fly on business 4-5 times a year when I was younger though. Didn't bother me too much. I've become much more of a homebody as I've gotten older though.

Joe Cap said...

Your life does not sound boring at all, and it seems like you live in a pretty area too.
Reading on a plane is much different than reading in a car...if there is no turbulence, a plane ride is much smoother than riding in a car.
If feels like you are just parked and not moving at all.

Kelly said...

Maybe if you have a few of those little cups of wine or beer they have on the plane will calm your nerves. That way if you hit some turbulence, you won't freak out. That's what I did during our plane ride to Florida a couple months ago. I was taking some kind of motion sickness drug, too, so I was feeling no pain.

Hikari